Monday, September 08, 2008

Consistent with my long career of ass backwards predictions, beginning with me breaking 100 at Midlane when I was 6 yrs-old with a La Jolla 2-iron in my bag, I prophesized sitting volleyball to be unmarketable and as appealing to fans as sitting shiva. Subtract the free food and you've got yourself a funeral. Well, if I wasn't born in hot dickity-two, I was wrong, just like that time I bought stock in laser disc tongs just prior to The Matrix DVD release.

Turns out, balloons and banners showed up in droves to cheer on their respective delegations. Contradictory to Paralympic spirit though, the cheering sections were segregated. As the Balloons knotted the match up at 2 sets a piece, their fans floated obscenities towards the banner fans, whose paper thin tolerance was well documented. The Banner squad, however, managed to hang tough, spelling out their toughness to the sitting volleyball world, ultimately deflating their opponents along with their overblown fanbase.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home